Monday, December 22, 2008

If yesterday (today?) was a person, I'd bitchslap it.

Well, it's once again 9am and I've yet to be even remotely tired. I really hate falling into this habit. It makes getting out of bed the most arduous task on the planet, my eating schedule ends up being just as out of whack, and my life seems to revolve around waking up at some obscene time after dinner, showering, going to work, coming home at 3, and sitting on here for...hmm, going on six hours.

Sigh.

Speaking of work...I was late tonight, no thanks to the Dundas St. Westbound streetcar taking over half a goddamn hour. I'm not even kidding. I got to St. Patrick station just after 9:30, went up to the streetcar stop, and looked east like I usually do to see if I've just missed the streetcar. Nothing there all the way to Yonge. So I figure it's been at least 5 minutes. This particular streetcar is scheduled to come every 12 minutes or so. It's -10 with a windchill from hell, but I can wait a bit.

I see the westbound streetcar go by. Yay, that means mine is coming soon!
...then I see another one.
I'm getting rather cold.
...then I see a third.
I can't feel my feet.
I'm hopping up and down inside the shelter trying to revive my frozen self, when the streetcar finally pulls up.
I sit down, and check the time on my phone.
10:04.
...
Fuck. This.
Thankfully my boss understood my predicament and didn't penalize my lateness.
I still made no money and almost cried on the way home.
I won't get into my money issues on the internet.
But I will say I'm working towards this month being the end of them.

I also dropped my month-old camera in the toilet at the Bovine on Halloween.
There's a waste of $250.

Observe the wonderful resulting photo quality along with my tired, frustrated face.




What the hell day is it even right now? I'm going to try to sleep. This is all kinds of fail.
I also don't have any toothpaste or body wash right now. Yay dirtbag! Ugh.

1 comments:

Christie said...

omg why is that not a profile picture of you. SO pretty.